Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Every Thanksgiving I would wake up to amazing scents coming from the kitchen that made my mouth water.... and not so amazing noises like blenders, and cans being opened with an occasional "ouch" from someone burning themselves after sneaking in a quick look at the turkey. That was my family on a typical Thanksgiving day, organized chaos....well maybe more chaos, but that's besides the point

This bittersweet Thanksgiving I wont be spending it with the family I've known all my life which is sad to not hear my mom yelling at at my dad to do something around the house and my dad simply watching something sports related or reading the news paper with a cup of coffee till my sisters crazy family calls or comes over with yelling from all my nieces and nephew "hi, hi, hi papa Jimmy, hi, hi, hi grandma Eileen, hi, hi, hi, hi Ethan!" yup I will be missing out on those days, but in turn I get to spend this lovely Turkey day with another family.

I get to spend thanksgiving with people from North Carolina, Florida, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Australia, New Zealand, and of course me being from Chicago!

What's amazing about this day is that I get to spend thanksgiving with a couple of my friends from the south pacific who have NEVER had a thanksgiving before. It's shocking to know that other places around the world can be so similar and yet so different, but oh man are they in for a treat ;)



I am thankful for technology, for without it I wouldn't be able to get in contact with loved ones back home in Chicago as well as around the world. I am thankful for all the people who've been through the great times, the not so great times, and everything in between with me. 


I am thankful for life and the people I love apart of it


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment