Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Suitcase


One of my favorite things to do (if it's not apparent already) is go on photo adventures through out the forest at any point through out the year. There's something about the silence and calmness that allows one to put people at ease, comfort and relaxation. So when Judy and her family had inquired about a photo shoot I immediately knew where to take them :)

I like to keep things simple for my shoots because it's my job to pull out the best in every person- not theirs- but I always seem to find something tossed in the mix that allows me to reevaluate what I can do with photoshoots!

Judy arriving with her family was well prepared for the cold with blankets and jackets, to scarves and a big purpple suitcase!

"You guys came prepared!! you even brought a suitcase! I even feel under prepared now"

After getting past the chuckles I come to learn that they came prepared with a couple different outfits, props, and even a makeup bag! Joking aside that's when it dawned on me...Ideas running through my head for the future of my photography always looking to innovate and brainstorming new ideas whether it be collaborations, new locations for shoots (which is a must when the snow starts), props and themed shoots.

chatting, changing and talking about high school was part of the agenda as the eldest daughter, Jaquelyn is getting ready for graduation and moving on to the college life soon next fall!

My photo adventure with Judys family was not only a learning experience but a nice change of pace from taking photos of children all the time (not that that's a bad thing I mean come one, I work for Disney World) and learning is all apart of the process ;)

Here's a few from this past weekend!















No comments:

Post a Comment