Monday, April 11, 2011

Addiction vs. Determination

So this past weekend consisted of photo seminars, work, and sleep in a repeating fashion. It was intense and crazy how much information I learned in 3 days and I've come to the conclusion that my brain was either a sponge absorbing everything these professional photographers told me, or my brain was slurping on some hardcore brain knowledge for photographers ;)

but with all this learning I still have been trying to work as a server and full time student, and its exhausting! I'm trying so hard to learn and save money for new equipment that its taking a tole on my legs waking up in the fetal position from being so sore, no pain no gain I suppose?

the one thing I noticed and learned about my self this past weekend was whether it was first thing in the morning when I woke up, or by 2 am as soon as I got home from work, I'm doing 1 of 2 things, either reading other photographers blogs or watching you tube videos on photography. I'm starting to think I'm addicted or determined to learning more about photography, but where do you draw the line between the two? I am determined to get better at taking photos but is it an addiction? I personally think I'm fine and don't go through withdrawal if I don't get my photography fix, but just a thought haha.

on a side note Chicago is FINALLY getting warmer and decided to take advantage with pictures, part of the process is to actually take pictures, so here we go on a sunny day!


Last thing: I need to suck it up and ask people if I could take pictures of them..... I wouldn't charge, I just want practice.... enough self portraits I need to make this happen and stop being a coward, blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment