Wednesday, March 28, 2012

San Francisco Part 3

*Note: the next few days of post will consist of events that have occurred over the last few weeks while traveling through California*

In the dictionary, hunger is "a compelling need or desire for food" while starving is "to be in the process of perishing or suffering from hunger" and while my time in San Francisco was off to a great start with taco trucks, the BART and pier 39, my stomach was definitely telling me that I was caught somewhere in the middle of desire and suffering for food. Sooooooo we ate, and what better location to eat sea food then around the coast to the Pacific Ocean!!

Letting Megan decide where to eat was fine with me since she said "I came here before with my family and it was hella good!" until it turned out to be a little bit of a bittersweet situation

1. Because it turned out I'd be paying for this meal 

2. It included the smallest and most expensive bowl of clam chowder I have ever had in my life

3. there was a really super cool view from where we were eating

4. It was really good clam chowder (dam you oyster crackers...)

Moving on to the main meal was the most amazing Crab I have ever had in my life and it's a little ironic and odd that I happened to have stumbled upon this famous Dungeness Crab when I had just talked to one of my regulars at work regarding it!!

"Since you're going to California, if you get the opportunity to try Dungeness Crab while you're out there get it!! It is simply one of the best types of Crab you can eat in your life and it's only found in Dungeness Washington, that's where they live."

He also mentioned the price as well.... but we wont go there either haha ;) all in all I figured I tried something new while on vacation and it was SO worth it :) Dungeness Crab will forever have a spot in my heart

Thank you Fishermen's Grotto for you're amazing view and amazing food






following our border line food coma meal, we headed out to this vintage arcade right outside the restaurant where apparently princess Diaries was filmed from what megan said (fun fact of the day!)

so we ventured through this time machine or an arcade stepping back in time playing these old games that didn't except tokens, or tickets, or plastic cards that were reloadable with money. the games simply accepted quarters for either a short game with no prizes, or a little one minute long showing for you that was entertaining for all who watched 




  

After coming back to reality and returning to the present day we began walking, walking some more, riding a bus, transferring to another bus, transferring to yet another bus, until we FINALLY made it to the main reason I wanted to come to San Francisco. 

The Golden Gate Bridge 




YES ladies and gentlemen, I wanted to go all the way to San Francisco just so I can take a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge. Was I upset that the weather stunk? at first I was, but I got over it after letting it sink in that I do NOT get to see this everyday.....even if I didn't get to see ALL of it since it was so darn foggy. Excuse to come back? I think yes :)

But Megan and I still rocked it out and had tons of fun even if she did kill the mood when she had to go to the bathroom ;)









Following our awesome trip to San Francisco we made it home ready to celebrate our accomplishments of everything with a small..."get together"

and on top of that we got ready for our next adventure, the BIG adventure that took place the next day ;)

Happy Wednesday Peeps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment