Monday, August 22, 2011

The Decision

At midnight on August 19th 2011 I made the decision to change what I've done to my body in the past to get to places I wouldn't otherwise see possible. Today on August 22nd at around 5pm I checked my mail for the second time in the hopes of a delivery addressed to me was there. Sure enough a small box laid in my cubicle of a mail box sent to Ethan James Rivera.

When I looked at the package I knew what it was, I knew what I was getting myself into and I knew why I was doing it.

I made the decision to buy a tattoo removal ointment to remove my two tattoos I have on both of my lower legs. The decision wasn't random or spontaneous but thought out and very bittersweet in the end.



I made the choice to remove my track shoe because of the way it turned out after a couple years of having it. It bled together to the point where you can almost not recognize its a shoe anymore.



On my other leg I had my friend sketch out a "XC" emblem with an arrow through it and the verse, Romans 5: 3-5. I made the choice to remove this one NOT because I am no longer religious or do not run anymore (I run all the time and am religious) but because of the professional aspect of tattoos.



I want to work for Disney's entertainment during my next college program as well as after the program through out the rest of my college days. I attempted to cover them up, but they either smudged on my clothes or were noticeable in different types of lighting. I tried different types of cover up but nothing seemed to work for me and while I would love to keep them, I need to look out for my future and success with Photography and Disney.

 This is not to say that I will never get a tattoo again but for now I am attempting to remove these and IF I was to get anymore the location will definitely be more carefully planned out.

I don't regret my tattoos at all and I know there are people out there who will judge my decision to get them removed and people will judge my decision to get them in the first place. People judge others all the time...... But....

Don't let your life run by those who judge you, because then your not in control of your own life.

My legs will see you in a couple months!

No comments:

Post a Comment