Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pessimist vs Optimist

After living here for almost a month it's almost time for me to leave... not for good, but to continue my second life back home where School is becoming a dream to go back to and finish while serving tables and spending time with my family at home.

My time here over the last month showed me people who are very open and closed minded to life. where almost 8 months has gone by and nothing has changed, in yet so much has changed. Some people are naturally optimistic and others are sometimes by choice. On the flip side some people are naturally pessimistic and others by choice.

I could've been a "debby downer" and talked about how I was upset that I got sick for one week out of the month I was here and didn't work. How I didn't get the shifts I wanted through out my time here, how I hate being seasonal with the rolling calendar guidelines I have to deal with. How some of my friendships have dwindled down to barely a hello when I see them at work after being a lot closer months ago. How drama consumes all of entertainment from the "he said, she said" to the misleading double standards depending on the MOD or the park I'm working at for the day. How I have to leave in a couple days to go back to school and drive 1100 miles And lets not talk about the air mattress I have to sleep on.

But instead I choose to be optimistic, I choose to look for the good in a situation, in a person, in life. So instead I choose to think about all the adventures I went on with my new friends and old friends, How I got to work at Walt Disney World again with my favorite Characters both old and new. How I got to work my first Disney race with the half marathon and didn't care about working from 1:45am to 11 in the morning. How goofy received his first gift at the circus from a little girl that was in fact a Goofini penny (SO COOL). How I received 3 fanatic cards in the last two days from both families in the parks and fellow cast members I had the privilege to work with. How I was fortunate enough to partake in one of the last Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade down Main Street. How I have a bed to rest on every night because of awesome friends willing to take me in. How I get to travel with my amazing car (not the lambo but my little hyundai for clarification) back north and go on another adventure. How I'm finishing school by choice and pursuing a foggy dream that isn't clear yet, but ultimately has a pinnacle.

To be happy, because that's what life's all about, being happy! 

Don't let the negative people and thoughts consume your life because

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it"- J.M. Barrie -

Challenge yourself to do more. 

Have a great day everyone  and here's some photos from the last couple days :) 





















No comments:

Post a Comment