Monday, October 10, 2011

A long awaited email

This past weekend was.... interesting to say the least. It was full of work, work, school work, oh and more work. With all the chaos of working so much this past weekend I was crunched for time when it came to finishing an online test due yesterday at midnight, and a paper due today and with only 3 hours of sleep last night I was able to finish all my work, hooray!

On more of a personal note, this past weekend I had received two emails from disney regarding my application informing me that I am still on the waiting list but that if I am still interested in working for the company, "heck yea!!!!" I was thinking... but I didnt think it was very appropriate so I simply just updated the date that I was still interested.... I just found it to be weird I got two emails asking the same thing in less then a week.... hmmmm.... Im not gonna over think it, just keep swimming (insert Dory voice)

Lastly I check my email once I get home from school and I had received this email with the subject being "congratulations" from disney!? so of course I click it because I thought I got the job!!! but no... Instead it read this: 


"Congratulations!

Disney has requested that I contact you directly about a photo called “Eva getting her first Mickey Bar”http://memories.disneyparks.disney.go.com/#/detail/31886   that you had submitted through the Let the Memories Begin campaign website.  Let me introduce myself, my name is Lynda Yoon , the Acquisitions Manager for Fishbowl Worldwide Media. My company is working in conjunction with The Walt Disney Parks & Resorts to find very unique videos and photos for a marketing campaign Disney is calling “Let the Memories Begin” – videos/photos that truly embody the magic and joy of what Disney is all about. I'm talking about fun memories such as yours. The digital content you uploaded has made Disney's short list for the project; and we'd be very interested in getting your permission in writing to use it.  We are not looking to own your videos or photos; or to prevent you from ever using them again; but we need to get a certain amount of permissions by the end of next week so that Disney can better decide whether to move ahead with this idea or not.  You can find our campaign athttp://memories.disneyparks.disney.go.com/#/landing  and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QA0uC2U0Y.  Please inform me if you are a Disney employee before continuing on with the release process.

For those who participate, Disney will give each person who grants permission a set of 5 lithographs of classic Disney characters especially created for this project and illustrated by Disney artist Ducky Williams. These lithos are not available anywhere else and are suitable for framing."



At first I was a little in disbelief since that was such a long time ago and it really didn't get to much attention or "thumbs up" as a lot of other pictures were getting but I was still proud of it none the less
 to get news like this has me JUMPING FOR JOY! like what are the chances!!!!

I know I'm over thinking it but what if my picture of my beautiful niece ends up on ads for Disney World!??? sooo awesome!

any who! if you forgot what picture it was, here it is again! 




my week is complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment