Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Beginning: Part 5

As hours turned into days, and days turned into weeks, next thing I knew, I had gone through my first month at Disney! those days were filled with meeting some amazing new people at work as well as outside of work. They were from places such as the East coast, Midwest, South, West coast, Europe, South America, Australia, Canada, China, and Japan, it was insane and overwhelming to meet people from sooo many different backgrounds all within a month! Looks like I have lots of places to visit now, and my master traveling plan is under way, Muwahahaha!

Anyways, within the month I was there I had discovered what a "magical moment" was first hand and of course always having amazing photo adventures with some great people on my off days, but time was going by way to fast, only 4 months left?? how could Disney tease college program students like this. I clearly remember one of my roommates telling me on one of my first days there, "after every month time gets a little faster when your in this program" and man was Nick right! I already had a couple hundred pictures taken and that's a lot from a guy who hasn't owned a camera since his Italy incident. 

Through out all this chaos I noticed something during my first month in Florida that was kind of odd... every time I went to the parks I always had to have my camera with me. Whenever I didn't, I felt this strange overwhelming feeling that I was missing something, something to document my experience there that I didn't ever want to forget, so I always tried having my camera with me at all times :) 

Over sometime though I became unsatisfied with JUST bringing my camera and taking pictures, I always saw that one family with the Dad or Mom who had the huge camera and external flash rolling around getting their neck all sore. Now I'm not saying I wanted to have my neck all sore lugging around a huge camera, and I'm not saying I want to keep up with the joneses but I wanted to compete with them, challenge my picture taking to get better and not just have it in Auto or Aperture...

So I began doing my research and learning, studying about cameras and what not, and I found out over a period of time that I had outgrown my camera, I had pretty much used it to its capability and needed something better, or atleast a camera with a flash aid, because my camera lacked it, so at night my camera turned into a disco flashing strobe to find out where the subject of the picture was.... not ideal

When I began looking for camera deals, I had learned that the best entry level Digital SLR was this one by Nikon at the time. Now I don't consider my self to be a pro or anything, and I didn't really know much about cameras and iso, aperture, and shooting in manual, but I looked up reviews for both Nikon and Canon since those seemed to have been the two top dogs in photography for the majority. and after sometime, I found that the new Nikon D3100 was my best bet, it had all these great reviews and I decided why not! but there was a small problem..... I had almost no money.... see Disney has this was of sucking people up of their money, sure it's a paid internship but when they give you 20% and 50% off all merchandise, you kind of take advantage of it sadly. 

So what did I have to do you may ask? well after surprising my parents when I came home for a visit on thanksgiving I had asked the greatest dad in the whole wide world for a small loan of 700$ (sucking up much?)....yea after some wheeling and dealing I had convinced my parents to get me the Nikon as my Christmas gift and it was on a loan basis, so its a win/win situation for them and me! 

By the end of my amazing mini vacation away from my vacation with my family, I was on my way back to my other home, only this time with a new Nikon SLR, and I was ready to compete with those Moms and Dads! and of course get some even better pictures ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment