Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Beginning: Part 4

By the morning my Dad had taken the early flight to Puerto Rico to visit my family and it was official, I was on my own. Driving back after dropping him off, blasting the air conditioning I was thinking about what I might be in store for over the next few months. I didn't know anyone down in Florida, it was definitely a scary feeling, but I managed.

After attending orientation, the welcome party, finding out I'd be working at Epcot (Experimental prototype community of tomorrow, had to say that) getting my "costume" and getting food at Walmart, and getting situated in my apartment, I needed to meet lots of new people ASAP! so I get to know all my roommates, and ask them, wheres a good place to meet all the new college program people, sure enough next thing I know we're heading to the pool, and atleast 50+ people are there, talking, getting to know each other, with their majors where they're from obviously looking at whose attractive and whose not. It's a college program, what do you expect?

Welcome party with Mickey stealing sun glasses

within the first week of my stay I had met a couple girls, Heidi and Heather both from Oklahoma who invited me to this club in Orlando, now I'm not much of a clubber but I did it, to step out of my comfort zone.... well farther than the 1,000+ miles out of my comfort already. I decided to bring my camera because, why not remember all of this Ill look back on! So when I get to their apartment I meet thier roommates, ones from New Mexico, Ashley, another is from Illinois, Carolyn AND happened to be going to Illinois State, what were the chances! I now officially believe in the saying "small world" and not the ride ;)

Heather, Carolyn, and Heidi :)

what was weird though was that I had randomly added this girl who I thought was a photographer on facebook and was doing the college program, now I'm thinking after wards that I would probably never even meet this girl. Sure enough after I walk in to their apartment I see this cute girl all bundled up on the sofa with Ashley next to her. "I like your camera" was what she said after she introduced herself and it didn't dawn till after I talk to Heather, Heidi, and Carolyn for a little that that was the photographer! Small World X2?

I excused myself and went over there and asked her, "I DO NOT want to be a creep but am I friends with you on faceboook?" she looked me up and sure enough we were! although she isn't really a photographer or anything, or so she says (I still think she is) we began talking about pictures and how I haven't been here since I was a kid and didn't know where anything was around here. As soon as I say that her eyes beamed saying that she would take me to every park and ride everything, eat everything! I was too excited and told her that as long as I get to take pictures at every park :)

her response? "of course! it'll be a photo adventure" thanks Leah Macri, for deciding we would be photo adventure buddies :) let the photo Adventures begin! 







No comments:

Post a Comment