Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Super Hero

A little over a week ago I found myself going on a photo adventure through the Magic Kingdom. Taking photos here and there until the "Move it Shake it Celebrate it" street party began.

♪♫ hey get up, get loud, we're pumpin up the party now ♪♫

was the lyrics we heard and as the music got louder, the more I viewed guest piling up to see what the fuss was about until an explosion of characters, dancers and stilt walkers came down main street!

Following the arrival of this crazy group, they danced and played with the kids and adults a like. Pictures were taken of everything and as I was watching the party develop, I came across my good friend Frozone in the "Incredible unit" we'll say. After givings his greetings to everyone (myself included) he danced and played and that's when I saw it. 

While everyone was dancing taking pictures and having a good time at the party, I saw a little girl sitting on the side of the street watching everything. not crying, complaining or shy. She was watching attentively from her custom, motorized wheel chair with her father next to her holding hands. The dancers were the first to see this and invited her into the street to dance with everyone and after getting the permission from her father, joined the party. 

Clapping, smiling, and dancing, the dancers, and stilt walkers shared their hellos and dances with her while having a great time. Following the initial introduction, I found myself making eye contact Frozone again and after I gestured for him to meet the little girl, he made his move. Dancing and having a good time, this girl filled the whole dance party with more love then anyone could ask for and after snapping a few pictures I couldn't help but shed a few tears to see someone smile as much as her. 

Superheros come in all shapes and sizes, but its not about who has the greatest of "super powers" it's about who has the courage to make an impact on someones life no matter what the circumstances may be. 

On this day, The little girl became the super hero for being courageous enough to dance despite the minor differences she had from everyone else. 




Love life, and live it to the fullest.



No comments:

Post a Comment