Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Exhange :: The End


Through out this Disney College Program I've heard terms like "You're just full of pixie dust", and "you must be a CP" or my absolute favorite "See, that's why I don't make friends with CPs"

The Disney College Program is what YOU make of it, end of story. Everyone chooses their own paths to follow and while some may be similar in one way or another, most are different and unique in their own way.

This past week has been difficult and enlightening at the same time. From friends departing back to their home towns and finding the next chapters of their lives.... to people extending and new friendships beginning. But caught up in all the fuss I found myself at work one day saddened by eveyones leave only to hear someone whose full time say "That's why I don't make friends with CPs"

that's when I really took the time to sit down and think to myself what that really means...and this is what I came up with:

You mean to tell me that you don't want to culture yourself from people all over the world? you don't want to learn about peoples lives and someday visit them in their hometown? you don't want to create a bond with someone  that could change your life for the better in this short life we have? 

Life is full of decisions we make, some good, and some bad and everyone has their own preference as to how they go about their own lives based on their own previous encounters and how they were raised. 

I chose to be friends with as many CPs as I could. want to know why? because CPs are the ones who chose to do something different with their lives by making the DCP decision. and I would gladly Exchange a couple hours, days, weeks of sadness from peoples departure for 5 months of memories and bonds that will last a lifetime. 

I can't wait to visit you all, and cross paths again. 

and as my decision to extend my program continues while others End theirs, the Disney College Program Fall 2012 will always have a place in my heart..... and camera ;)

Let the Shenanigans continue where ever your life may take you




 
















No comments:

Post a Comment